Thursday, December 1, 2011

Deals and Steals

Have I mentioned before that I love saving money?  Really, is there anything better?  I stopped by the mall this evening after work and I am so very pleased with my purchases!

Victoria's Secret

A few weeks ago I purchased a couple new bras at VS (review to come) and I also received a gift card, but I had to bring it in during the month of December to find out how much it was worth.  It could be worth $10, $20, $50 or $500!  Obviously I only got the $10 gift card but I'm not complaining.  In addition to that gift card, I received a coupon in the mail for $10 off any purchase (with no spending requirement).  I wasn't sure if it would work, but I asked the nice girl working the register if I could use both $10 cards for two different transactions.  And believe it or not, she let me!  So I chose two different shower gels for $10 each.  It ended up costing me a whopping 84 cents! 




The scents all smelled very similiar to one another so I had trouble picking ones I liked.  I finally decided on Ravishing Love and Be Seduced which are both lovely.  I have been using Target's Up and Up brand body wash for a long time so it will be nice to switch it up a bit.  As you can see, my receipts prove my total bill was a mere 84 cents!

Banana Republic

Banana has awesome sales and coupons!  I have trouble ever paying full price for anything there because as soon as I do, it moves to the sale rack OR they make the entire store 40% off!  That is frustrating!  I have needed new black pants for a while now but I was waiting for a good sale or a good coupon, which I finally had today.  I received a coupon in the mail a couple weeks ago for 40% all full priced items but it didn't start until today... so I've been hanging on to that puppy and couldn't wait to use it.  Not only was I looking forward to 40% off, but I also had my $20 rewards certificate.  I believe you get one for every $200 you spend on your Banana Republic card. 

So of course I found more than JUST black pants...

These little gems were on the sale rack for $74.99, so I figured with $20 it was a great deal.  Originally, these pants were priced at $89.50.  BTW, they are much cuter on than they look in these photos.



And here are the black pants I went in search of.  I needed a new pair of simple black slacks that I can wear with flats.  This is embarassing to admit, but my very favorite black pants are almost 5 years old and they are busted up!  They are Tahari brand, purchased from T.J. Maxx and fit PERFECTLY.  Unfortunately, they look terrible so I knew it was time to replace them.  The replacements are very simple, straight leg with nice fabric and a thick waist band (which helps with the muffin top situation).  The style is the Sloan Fit which has some stretch to it, which I like.  These were originally priced at $89.50 as well, but with my 40% discount I got them for $45.35.  CANNOT beat that!




Christmas 2011 Wish List to come soon!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment