Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November Favorites (Part 2)

For part two of my November favorites, I have two beauty products that I have absolutey fallen in love with!  What took me so long to find these things?  I seriously don't know how I survived 27 years of life without these products!

L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipgloss

This stuff literally blows my mind.  I have never, ever found a lipgloss that stays on like this stuff.  And believe me, I have tried a LOT of lipglosses.  Anyone that knows me knows that I have a slight obsession with all things LIPS... glosses, sticks, balms, anything.  The longest I can go without reapplying a lip product is probably 30 minutes - I HATE the feeling of dry lips. 

My very favorite thing about this lipgloss is that it is easily accessible since the brand is L'Oreal.  I believe I purchased mine at Ulta but you can pick it up at any drugstore.  AND, the price point is unbeatable at under $10.  I hate to even think about what I have spent on expensive glosses in the past that end up completely disappointing me... 

The color I chose is called Bloom and it is a really gorgeous color.  In my opinion, the level of pigmentation is perfect.  I am pretty difficult to please in terms of color but this shade does the trick.  It goes on smooth, the color is flattering, and it stays super glossy for hours!

The first time I wore the Infallible Lipgloss was before a busy day at work.  I had a meeting first thing in the morning where I was talking a ton and drinking coffee and water.  By the time I got back to the office it was almost noon and the stuff still looked amazing.  This has never happened before!  I was in total disbelief and thought it had to be a fluke.  So, the second time I wore the gloss I paid close attention to what I was eating, drinking, how much I was talking and how well it stayed on.  Same thing - the stuff did not move!  Needless to say, I plan on stocking up on every single shade of this stuff and will probably never buy another lipgloss again.




Benefit Instant Brow Pencil

This product is something that I picked up as an impulse buy during an Ulta haul and I was pretty hesitant to spend $22 on something I knew nothing about.  I despise my eyebrows and am desperate to find something that helps my pathetic eyebrow situation.  I'm not sure exactly what has happened over the years, but extensive tweezing and waxing has left my eyebrows thin and disfigured.  I cannot, for the life of me, get my brows to fill out so that I can reshape them.  I hate getting them professionally waxed because the esthetician is forced to thin them even more than they already are to get even the slightest bit of an arch.  Well, I think my eyebrow problems have been solved.  This little pencil is a miracle.  I chose the darker of the two color options and it seems to match my hair color perfectly.  I know people say your brows should be a shade or two darker than your hair color, but because my hair is already pretty dark, I prefer to just match it. 

The pencil end is super soft and pigmented.  It goes on very smooth and is so easy to apply.  The only thing that surprised me is that the pencils dulls after just two or three uses and you will have to sharpen it frequently.  The opposite end of the pencil is a little spoolie brush that is used to soften and even out the color.  When I tested the product at Ulta, I didn't read the instructions and I used the spool end first and then the pencil.  Doing it the other way around makes a huge difference.  The spool does a great job of smoothing the color and makes your new brows look so natural. 

I never pay too much attention to my eyebrows until they look great... the right brows make such an incredible difference to the overall appearance of the face.  I am completely sold on this product and I am so happy that I made the last minute impulse buy!


I am working on improving my photography skills so I can post photos of myself with the products I am reviewing.  Especially for the Benefit Brow Pencil, I would love to get a good before and after photo to show how much of a difference it makes.  I never realized just how difficult it is to get the right lighting, angle and all that stuff to make a self photo look decent.  Hopefully I will master this skill soon and can start posting more photos!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment