Saturday, November 19, 2011

Weekend Fun

Last night I went to see the new Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn Part 1, and it was AWESOME!  Definitely my favorite of the whole series, so far.  I read all of the books and although I enjoyed them, I really don't understand the hype.  They were good, but not THAT good.  Most people would say the exact opposite, but I think the movies are better than the books.... yeah, I said it.  Whatever.


Something else I discovered last night that I absolutely love is the new (to me) Jay-Z and Kanye West album, Watch the Throne.  I've only listened to about four of the sixteen songs on the album but they are all awesome so far.  They have a lot of other artists featured in different songs which is really exciting.  Anything with Beyonce is an automatic favorite for me!  Some of the other artists featured include Frank Ocean (Allen thought he sounded like John Legend, another artist I LOVE) and Otis Redding.  The song featuring Otis Redding is called "Otis" and I've heard it played on the radio recently.  I'm pretty sure this album is going to blow up!


No big plans for the weekend, which is fine with me!  Lately I have been on a cleaning and organizing spree so I'm sure I will continue with that today and tomorrow.  Allen has to work tonight at 5:00 pm so I will probably get somethings done around here and watch a movie or something lame like that.  My goal is to completely clean and organize each room one-by-one top to bottom.  So far I have accomplished my bathroom which I feel great about - it's amazing how good getting rid of old things and organizing can make you feel.  It's almost like free therapy!  This weekend my goal is to finish my bedroom (nightstand turned junk drawer and closet) and the guest bedroom.  I've already started with the sheets on the bed in there and I will probably get to that closet tonight.  I don't really know what has gotten into me but I'm on a rampage!  Next week is Thanksgiving so I'm sure I won't have much time to get anything done so ideally I will get pretty far with things this weekend and early in the week.  The big feat will be to get Allen down in the basement to help me with that shithole!  Scary!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment